HOW TO ENTER
- The competition is open to Transition Year Students resident in the Republic of Ireland only.
- Transition Year students must enter the competition as individuals.
- Entries must demonstrate engagement with any of Bus Éireann’s services (city/rural/school transport).
- Entrants may be asked for a letter of confirmation from their school confirming that they are Transition Year students.
- Entrants must create an account with www.sync.com and upload their entries there. They must then email their entries to firstname.lastname@example.org via www.sync.com, along with a letter of consent from your TY Co-ordinator/Principal including the contact details of the TY Co-ordinator/Principal which states that they agree to (students name) from (students school) entering the GoPlaces with Bus Éireann competition.
- Deadline for entries is March 15th, 2019.
Entries must be made in one of the following formats:
- Video (.mov files or via WeTransfer, no longer than 2 minutes)
- 20 photos (jpg format, captioned)
- Typed essay (doc file, no longer than 1,000 words)
Entries must document highlights of their personal journey to school each day. Entrants must also demonstrate engagement with Bus Éireann’s services.
In marking the entries, the following will be considered by the judges:
- Innovation (originality of entry and uniqueness): 40 marks
- Quality of entry (quality of photos, videos, composition of essay, overall presentation): 40 marks
- Demonstrated engagement with any of Bus Éireann’s services (city/rural/school transport): 20 marks
Dates to Note
- The competition will open for entries soon and will close March 15th, 2019.
- All regional winners will be notified by March 29th, 2019 and will automatically qualify for the national final.
- The national winner will be notified of selection by April 12th, 2019.
Terms and conditions
Please read the full terms and conditions here before you start your project.